Red Sea and Me


So couple of months ago, Tom came home saying we needed a holiday. Who was I to argue? Not actually so long of a story short, we ended up booking a last minute holiday to a five star resort on the Red Sea. (don't freak out, we got a good deal) Anyways, We stayed at the incredible Jaz Aquaviva in Makadi Bay. Seriously I was very impressed.
The resort was in a secluded area, so nothing scary or political to worry about. There were 4 pools AND an incredible waterpark on site. We were just a short 5 minute open air bus ride away from the beaches... which.. literally I have never been more willing to get into the water. 

One thing I am quite proud of is the fact that I actually entered the ocean. My fear of being eaten by a shark is probably the realest (guess that is grammatically correct?) fear I have. I just know...in my heart.. I will depart the earth by being a shark's lunch. The fact that I was in Egypt in the freaking red sea, with all of those cute little non-shark fish below me, encouraged me to risk it all and get into the water. After a few tears in the first five minutes, and a very irritated Tom, I was actually hoping to see a shark so he could get it on camera (sort of hoping). I am so glad I pushed my impending doom to the back of my mind, because as a first time snorkeler, I was in heaven. I felt like i was in the middle of Finding Nemo.. It was ridiculous. 

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, London Blogger

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, London Blogger

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, Red Sea Holidays, London Blogger

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, Red Sea Holidays, London Blogger

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, Red Sea Holidays,London Blogger

We didn't do too many activities outside of the resort, however, we did have a night in Hurghada, and an afternoon riding quad bikes in the desert. I have never had so much dirt in my mouth in my life. Quad bikes in the desert is... uhhh.. not for us weaklings. If you ever thought you had arm fat... this will definitely rule out any doubts you allowed yourself to have. 

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, Red Sea Holidays,London Blogger

Hurghada, Egypt, Holiday Ideas, Jaz Aquaviva, Oh Hannah Dot, Red Sea Holidays, London Blogger

After a bit of avoiding shop owners who would have paid me to buy something from their shops, a bit of very painful quad biking, a lot more relaxation, and only a few stomach problems (BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT!), we waved goodbye to the best holiday yet. 5 Stars for sure.

No comments

© hannah dot

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig