My First Airbnb Stay

This past week I embarked on my first Airbnb adventure. I absolutely freaking loved it. Petra Thea was a little gem we stumbled upon while looking for a place to stay in Kalamata, Greece. I chose Kalamata because it is an easy 2 hours from Athens and it is surrounded by some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. We rented a car and pretty much had free reign of where we spent our days. 
I thought that I would share some images of our home away from home for a week and a few of the details that made me fall in love with it. Check out the whole post for a discount on your next Airbnb stay! I'll be posting more about the actual trip in a few days, so stay tuned! Can we just start with this view, though! 
We were greeted with freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh flowers for the room. I could have taken pictures in this place all week. We were in the perfect place for a gorgeous sunrise and sunset view, and the crisp white light in the room was a dream. 
I actually really enjoyed the self catering aspect of this holiday. I didn't feel guilty for going out some nights (I definitely do on all inclusive holidays because I already paid for food once), and we were in complete control of everything. Our first night, we popped down to the local supermarket and had delicious stake salads, olive oil, bread, and wine. Uh, Yum. 
Our building was surrounded by olive groves. We seriously couldn't go anywhere without seeing olive trees. I wish we would have been there at the right time of the season to pick them! Kalamata and the Messenia region is actually famous for their olives. (We also heard a story that Athens was rightly named after Athena because of her gift of the olive tree.)

Sooooooo basically I don't think I can ever no go Airbnb when traveling now. It was such an easy process, the people were lovely, and I think there are so many more options when it comes to places to stay. If you are ever planning a trip to Greece, and want a more adventurous experience than your typical destinations offer, I would HIGHLY recommend Kalamata, and Petra Thea! :) 

Get a £20/$20 credit on your next Airbnb stay using this link!
AIRBNBDISCOUNT


SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments

© hannah dot

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig